Dear #Teachers & #Librarians –this Friday Bonus Blog is for you!
Whether you celebrate Read a Fairy Tale Day, hold an annual “Fairy Tale Bowl” competition, or your class writes Fractured Fairy Tales, these six picture books are tons of fun to pair, share and compare!
- GOLDY LUCK AND THE THREE PANDAS by Natasha Yim, Illus Grace Zong (Charlesbridge). Check out the book trailer and info here: natashayim.com .
2. GOLDIE ROCKS AND THE THREE BEARS by Corey Rosen Schwartz & Beth Coulton, Illus. Nate Wragg (G.P.Putnam’s Sons). Read more on Corey’s website here: coreyrosenschwartz.com .
3. GOLDIE LOCKS AND THE THREE DINOSAURS by Mo Willems (Balzer & Bray). Here’s a YouTube read aloud.
4. MOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE SCARES, a Zombie tale by Lynne Marie, Illus. David Rodriguez Lorenzo (Union Square Kids). Book trailer and info here at literallylynnemarie.com .
5. GOLDIE LOCKS AND THE THREE ENGINEERS by Sue Fliess, Illus. Petros Boulobasis (Albert Whitman). Book trailer and info here at suefliess.com .
6. GOLDIE LOCKS HAS CHICKEN POX by Erin Dealey, Illus. Hanako Wakiyama (Atheneum / Aladdin). Here’s a YouTube read aloud. And check out this finger puppet activity for your students at erindealey.com . Create your own puppet show or pair up the characters and write a new fractured fairy tale.
Happy Friday, dear Teachers & Librarians.
THANK YOU for ALL you do!
PS Check out our most recent Book Birthday interview with author Jeanne Walker Harvey about her wonderful new NF picture book ABLAZE WITH COLOR here.